Clara's war : one girl's story of survival / Clara Kramer ; with Stephen Glantz.Material type: TextPublication details: New York : Ecco, c2009.Edition: 1st U.S. edDescription: xii, 339 p.,  p. of plates, : ill., ports., genealogical table ; 22 cmISBN:
- Kramer, Clara, 1927-
- Jews -- Poland -- Zolkiew -- Biography
- Jews -- Persecutions -- Poland
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Poland -- Zolkiew -- Personal narratives
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Jews -- Poland
- Jewish children in the Holocaust -- Poland -- Biography
- Holocaust survivors -- United States -- Biography
- Righteous Gentiles in the Holocaust -- Poland
- Poland -- Biography
- Żółkiew (Poland) -- Personal narratives
- DS134.72.K73 A3 2009
|Item type||Current library||Collection||Call number||Copy number||Status||Date due||Barcode||Item holds|
|Book||Speedway Adult Area||Non-fiction||940.5318 KRA (Browse shelf(Opens below))||1||Available||35550431044505|
Originally published: North Sydney, N.S.W. : Ebury Press, c2008--T.p. verso.
Images of Clara's diary on the endpapers and in the plate section are reproduced courtesy of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.
Kramer, president of the Holocaust Resource Foundation at Kean University, recounts her life as a frightened, hungry Jewish teenager living in Żółkiew, Poland, during the Holocaust. She and her parents were rescued by Righteous Gentiles.
My grandfather -- A place to hide -- The housekeeper -- A gift from Mr. Beck -- I go to the ghetto -- The final solution -- The arrival -- 18 April -- The love affair -- Days of awe and atonement -- A year underground -- Valentine's Day -- The SS move in -- We are just starting to suffer - I'm losing hope -- The exodus -- Zolkiew without mania -- The diary -- Epilogue: life goes on.