Glenn Beck's common sense : the case against an out-of-control government, inspired by Thomas Paine / Glenn Beck ; with Joseph Kerry.Material type: TextPublication details: New York : Mercury Radio Arts : Threshold Editions, 2009.Edition: 1st Mercury Radio Arts/Threshold Editions trade pbk. edDescription: xii, 174 p. : maps ; 21 cmISBN:
- 9781439168578 (trade paper : alk. paper) :
- 1439168571 (trade paper : alk. paper)
- Common sense : the case against an out-of-control government, inspired by Thomas Paine
- Paine, Thomas, 1737-1809. Common sense
- Paine, Thomas, 1737-1809 -- Criticism and interpretation
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1775-1783
- Political science
- United States -- Social conditions -- 21st century
- United States -- Economic conditions -- 21st century
- United States -- Politics and government -- 21st century
- E211.P143 B43 2009
|Item type||Current library||Collection||Call number||Copy number||Status||Date due||Barcode||Item holds|
|Book||Speedway Adult Area||Non-fiction||320.52 BEC (Browse shelf(Opens below))||1||Available||35550431033466|
Includes bibliographical references (p. 110-111, 169-174).
The reshaping and redefining of America -- Money: the real opiate of the masses -- The political weapon of choice: the U.S. tax code -- The perks and privileges of the political class -- The cancer of progressivism -- Is it a rising or a setting sun? -- The 9.12 project -- Thomas Paine's Common sense -- Of the origin and design of government in general, with concise remarks on the English constitution -- Of monarchy and hereditary succession -- Thoughts on the present state of American affairs -- Of the present ability of America, with some miscellaneous reflections.